Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Family Time On The 4th


Looking forward to spending the day with my little family. Barbecued Chicken, Pasta Salad, Chips & Homemade Salsa and the famous Jello Poke Cake...........



RED, WHITE & BLUE AROUND MY HOME





A little banner I picked up at Walmart last year.




Little blue potted daisies I scored at the Goodwill


My family room mantle in all of its 4th of July-ness.



Love this little vignette I put together.


My little Betsy Ross book looks right at home among my patriotic decor


Just couldn't pass that sweet little book up. My maiden name is Ross......kinda makes it feel like she's family.



My little July angel is keeping things red, white & blue on my green shelf.


Stars & Stripes



Ohhhhh I love this little piece. My husband loves to go out to this old ramshackled "barn" here in town (it's appropriately called "Antiques At The Barn"). Its old and its kinda dirty and things are just set out for sale, nothing is really cleaned up or tidy but we he likes to look through all the old junk. Well a couple of weeks ago he talked me into going out there and I am soooooo glad he did. I found this sweeeeet Betsy Ross spoon storage for $5.00, yes you read it right, $5.00. I was elated. She has made my 4th of July complete.



Shes a little bigger than my Statue of Liberty but both of the girls get along on display nicely.



Happy 4th of July to you and yours................


Debbie

4 comments:

Kris said...

Hi Debbie. I loved seeing all of your decorations! So festive. Sounds like you have a nice day planned. I love your new treasure!! And I LOVE that book!!!
HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!
XO KRIS

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HAPPY 4th to YOU, my friend!!!
I haven't seen such a sweet spoon holder before! She is a keeper! You have lots of 4th decor! I just have a small table vignette!
Enjoy your day! Sounds like FUN!
Not sure is we are doing anything fun! Hubby is going thru some tote of stuff, organizing!
Warmly,
deb

Judy Biggerstaff said...

So many patriotic vignettes you have created. I agree, I love decorating for the Fourth.

Shelley Germann said...

I have been cruising your blog since you stopped by mine, Debbie. I just had to let a comment about "The Story of Our Flag." How cute is that! I guess I have another item to add to my "Hope I find it someday" list.